Ball hockey will return to Tide Fest in 2018, after Enfield RFC hosted a successful event in 2017 which saw over 200 participants and 30+ teams in multiple divisions from youth to adult. The Tide Fest ball hockey tournament will again be hosted in the parking lot of the East Hants Sportsplex.
The tournament will be a 3 vs. 3 format with goalies. Each team will be required to have a minimum of 5 players up to a maximum of 7 players. Pricing will vary depending on the age category of the team. Last year’s tournament saw male, female, and co-ed divisions, and the hope is to grow this year’s tournament in size and scope.
– Mini – 8 and Under (Equivalent to Introduction + Novice)
– Youth Junior – 9 and 10 (Equivalent to Atom)
– Youth Intermediate – 11 and 12 (Equivalent to Peewee)
– Youth Senior – 13-15 (Equivalent to Bantam and some of Midget)
The cutoff date for ages is July 14, 2018 i.e. how ever old the player is on this day will determine the proper age division. For teams which have players with various ages, the team must play in the division of the oldest player. I.e. (2 players who are 9, 2 players who are 10, and 1 player who is 11 years old, the team must play in the 12 & Under Category).
Game Details for Tide Fest Ball Hockey
- Length = two periods x 15 minutes each
- Five minute warm prior to each game
- Three-minute rest between periods
- If tied in regulation a sudden death shootout will determine the winning teams
- Game courts will be approximately 60 feet in length and 20 feet in width